- 4Andys PHP Knowledgebase20
- 8Security Software - Lotus Approach Password20
- 11AntInstaller 0.814
- 12Squid Users Manager23
- 13Download Backup Tools - VolDXX01190
- 14RFC822 Address Parser Library15
- 1MarkdownD for Linux1
- 2DataStorm for Linux1
- 3InvoicePad 3 for Linux 32 bit3
- 8Recovery Explorer RAID - Linux16
- 9Recovery Explorer Professional - Linux34
- 10Recovery Explorer Standard - Linux18
- 11ONLYOOFFICE Desktop Editor Linux645
- 12CameraSentry for Linux17
- 13DWG to PDF Converter MX385
- 14RationalPlan Project Viewer for Linux176
- 15UFS Explorer RAID Recovery (Linux)88
ActiveXperts Network Monitor is a network and server monitoring tool that allows administrators to monitor the network for failures and irregularities automatically. It can monitor all aspects of your LAN- and WAN servers, workstations and IP devices.
You never know when a power supply is going to burn out, when a server is going to crash, when network bandwidth drops or when your LAN is hacked.
However, even through you do not know when these events will occur, you can be prepared for them. Effective networking monitoring will alert you the moment that a situation arises so that you can respond to it immediately and minimize down-time. While a networking monitoring system can provide information about problems, it can also provide information about improving the network. A good system will allow you to generate log files and performance charts that detail your system's capabilities and responses. With this data, you can tweak your settings to find the optimal set-up.
When a failure is detected, the network monitor tool will try to correct the problem. There's no agent software required on the servers being monitored; the monitoring service uses protocols and application layers of the Operating System to do its job.
For years, System Administrators, Network Operators and Helpdesk Employees have relied upon the power, flexibility and reliability of the ActiveXperts Network Monitor tool.
ActiveXperts' powerful Network Monitor Engine technology has been adopted by several software companies all over the world. ActiveXperts' Network Monitoring technologies is used by thousands of companies all over the world, making ActiveXperts the leading provider of Network Monitoring solutions.
When the engine detects a failure, it alerts via network message, e-mail, pager, SNMP Trap (SNMP v1 and SNMP v2c) notification or SMS message (support for TAPI, Unicode, TAP, UCP and FBus). The software takes a corrective action automatically.
It can monitor Microsoft SQL Serves through OLE-DB ADO interface, and Oracle through SQL*NET interface like TNS Ping. Other databases such as Access, FoxPro, Paradox, SyBase, Informix, IBM DB2 are also supported.
The product has the following built-in checks: AD, ADSI, CPU Usage, databases, directory size, disk healthy, DNS, disk drive, disk space, event log (incl. content checking), MS Exchange, file existence (incl. content checking), file size, FTP site, HTTP(s) (incl. content checking), humidity, ICMP/Ping, IMAP4, Memory Usage, MS SQL Database, Novell NDS, NTDS (NT4 compatible DS), NTP, POP3 mail server, printer, process, process memory usage, service, SMTP mail server, SNMP v1 and SNMP v2c, TCP port (incl. handshaking), temperature (requires a Sensatronics IT thermometer), UDP, UNIX shell script (RSH), VBScript (custom scripts) and WMI. Custom check routines can be written easily using VBScript or RSH. Lots of sample scripts are included.
The product runs as a service on the Windows 2003/2000/XP/NT platform. ActiveXperts Network Monitor supports Windows, UNIX, Linux and Novell platforms. User Interface is Web based, a Win32 explorer-like user interface is also included.
Features of ActivXperts Network Monitor:
* Monitors various operating systems, including Windows, Novell, UNIX and LINUX;
* Monitors web servers using HTTP and HTTPs protocols. Supports NTLM authentication, proxy servers and proxy authentication;
* Monitors mail servers. Supports SMTP/Pop3 servers, including Lotus Notes, MS Exchange and native SMTP/POP3 servers;
* Monitors IP protocols. ActiveXperts Network can monitor a wide range of IP protocols, including ICMP Ping, FTP, SNMP v1, SNMP v2c, LDAP, NTP and NNTP;
* Monitors various databases, including Oracle, MS SQL, MS Access, SyBase, Informix, Paradox and IBM DB2. It supports the ODBC, ADO and OLE-DB interfaces to monitor a wide range of databases;
* Monitors event logs; filter on event sources, event ID's, etc. Match patterns in event descriptions;
* Monitors disk availability and disk space. It can monitor the physical status of a disk array of an individual disk. It can monitor availability and/or used space on a physical or logical disk;
* Monitors services, processes, memory usage. It can monitor the status of a Windows service, check if a process is running on a remote machine, and check the amount of consumed memory of the individual process;
* Monitors users, groups, Active Directory and Novell NDIS. Support for ADSI and allows you to monitor Microsoft- and Novell Directory Services, including Microsoft Active Directory and Novell NDS;
* Monitors environment. Requires an Environmental Monitoring device from Sensatronics to monitor temperature, humidity and/or water leaks ('wetness');
* Custom Network Monitoring. You can add new checks by writing scripts. You can use VBScript (Windows) or RSH (UNIX) for it. VBScript checks can use WMI and ADSI;
* Enterprise class architecture. The product consists of a network monitoring service (the 'Engine') and a separate management interface (called 'Manager'). Administrators can monitor enterprise-wide networks from a single console where no agent software is required;
* Monitoring engine is self-tuning; the number of active threads adapt to the number of rules to be processed per minute.
* Software is provided with powerful, pre-defined checks.
Platforms of ActivXperts Network Monitor:
The Network Monitor Server must be running on a Windows server platform (or a Windows workstation platform that supports services).
Platform: WinXP , Windows 2000 , Windows 2003
Capsa is a powerful but easy to use network monitor and analyzer designed for packet decoding and network diagnosis.
DateOct 24, 2010
PlatformWinXP, Windows 2000
Pinger is a network monitor tool with optional WWW interface (includes such features as sending SNMP traps to other host and others). Compiling and Installing: 1. Become root and gunzip/tar sources 2. Create list of hosts to monitor to.
DateAug 31, 2010
WMnet is a little WindowMaker dockapp network monitor I wrote for Linux. It was originally inspired by that funky program tleds that blinks your keyboard LEDs in response to net traffic, but its a lot more entertaining than that nowadays.
DateSep 9, 2010
AuthorJesse B. Off and Katharine Osborne
PhpWatchDog is a network monitor application which provides a simple way to check if a service (HTTP, FTP, SSH, etc.) is running or not. PhpWatchDog project can send email to the servers administrator to report malfunctions.
DateSep 8, 2010
Big Sister network monitor is a real time system and network health monitoring application..
DateOct 23, 2010